Monday 9 February 2015

New Chapter



So this time last week I was absolutely exhausted after having spent the day moving into our new house. Moving is incredibly hard work, and I spent half of the day in floods of tears because it was all too much for me. I was forced into a situation that I didn't chose, forced to find a new house and begin my life again – it all became too real and I felt like I couldn't cope.

A week later though and I've already personalised it a little, not much because it takes time doesn't it? The living room has had the most attention, with new curtains, fairy lights, cushions and little tea light holders. Previously we had red tea lights and bits in the lounge and I didn't want to bring these bits with me. I needed something I had chosen myself, something that was ALL me, so I chose purple and green. Nothing was personalised in my previous house, it never felt like home and I am determined not to make the same mistake this time. My house, needs to be my home, I need it to be my happy place.

The boys got a bunk bed which they absolutely love. Bedding that they chose themselves, little robot lights and lampshade. Little touches that could immediately make it special for them. Yesterday we built a cupboard and put together a third floor playroom, which is all organised and pretty cool. They have loads of space to play, we just need some artwork, or stickers to jazz it up a little.

I have lots of ideas of things I want, colours schemes and such however I can't do it all at once. It's not feasible or affordable. So the small touches will have to do for now, and overtime I will get it just how I like it.

Where would you recommend for pretty but cheapish pictures, I have no pictures at all that I can put up and I definitely need some to brighten up the walls.

So after all my tears on the first day, I am slowly getting used to being here. I have kept myself incredibly busy so there has been no time at all where I have been thinking dwelling on it. At some point I will just need to stop and relax. I find my own company quite hard to be in, this is something I need to learn to change. My house, needs to become my home and I believe in time it will and in time I will find my own company okay and not dread the days where I don't have plans.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment