Friday 17 December 2010

Cheese spread makes me happy

Never thought I'd  say that, it is a slightly random statement. But a cheese spread sandwich put a smile on my face today. Joshua hasn't eaten anything since Saturday, apart from the odd nibble on things. It's a long time with no food, so when he sat down an gobbled 2 slices of bread and cheese spread I was seriously happy. It means my poorly baby is finally on the mend.

It's been a rough week, visit to doctors, endless snot (which he likes to wipe on my clothes...eww), calpol which he started to refuse. Can't blame him medicine everyday isn't pleasant even if it is strawberry flavoured. He's slept and slept and slept some more. Crashing out on me, the sofa, in his high chair and even on the laminate floor. You've gotta be shattered to sleep on a hard floor, but sleep is good and now finally after 5 really bad days he seems to be picking up.  Not without sharing his germs with me first though.

It's the first time he's been properly poorly like this. He's had sniffles and been sick but nothing has knocked him like this. I'm sure I'll go through it all again endless time between the two of them.

Here's hoping we're all feeling better this time next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment