Thursday 11 November 2010

Proud Mummy Moments..

I love proud Mummy moments! They make me feel like I'm doing something right and amazed at my little boy.

He's 16 and a half months now, and even though he's not talking he's able to understand really well. I did stress for a while that he's not talking yet after listening to my mum and sister go on about it endlessly but after talking to a few other people I realised there is nothing wrong with him.

He follows simple instructions really well. "Go find your shoes." "Go to your highchair." "find mummy your drink." he can find most things we ask for. I do it all the time with his toys to see if he can pick out the correct one and more and more often he can now.

He's started to answer us to now. He nods and shakes his head. Yes doesn't sound like yes but we know what he means and when he accompanies it with a nod of the head it's even more obvious. "do you want a bath!" is always followed with a yes and then him racing to the bathroom and throwing his toys in ready.
This morning we were lying in bed having snuggles and I asked if he wanted breakfast, he said yes and so I said "off you go then" and he jumped down off the bed and toddled away. Sooo clever.

The incident that made me want to write this post though was him being able to point out a giraffe. We had to invest in a new changing mat and the one we bought has animals on. I was trying to get Joshua to come get changed so asked him where the bird was... Which he pointed out. Followed by a monkey, elephant and then the girafe. I was so proud if not a little baffled where he'd learnt girafe but then realised it must be from the amazing book 'dear zoo' (thanks rachel - we do love it)

Every day he seems to be picking up things, tell him once and he seems to remember. Gonna have to start being careful or else one day he'll decide to talk and say 'shit!' or something.

So far we have:
Mumma
Dada
Gone
No
Yes
And something that sounds like GO but he uses alot so we're not sure what he's trying to tell us.

4 comments:

  1. aww bless ya. You have such a clever boy :D
    I am not sure the little boy of my cousin is so far, oh well he is a bit younger but still.

    You can be really proud of yourself and of Joshua :D uhh and the first view words, I am pretty sure he will soon talk in nearly whole sentences and than no one can stop him :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww whata a lovely post . I do love proud mummy moments . What a clever boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww whata a lovely post . I do love proud mummy moments . What a clever boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww bless ya. You have such a clever boy :D
    I am not sure the little boy of my cousin is so far, oh well he is a bit younger but still.

    You can be really proud of yourself and of Joshua :D uhh and the first view words, I am pretty sure he will soon talk in nearly whole sentences and than no one can stop him :p

    ReplyDelete