Saturday 12 March 2011

Dribblebuster sleeping bag - Review

I have been meaning to write this blog post for weeks but it just keeps getting pushed to the side as other things pop into my head. So I thought it was about time I just got on with it.

I saw a random tweet to win a sleeping bag from Dribblebuster and having nothing else to do I decided to enter on their facebook page. All you had to do was write your bedtime routine for your baby to be in with a chance of winning. I’ve never won anything in my life, so when I logged onto facebook a few days later to find a message telling me I had won I was shocked.

My winning post was:
We do bath, baby massage then we lay on my bed and I feed him. Wind him and then lay him in his Moses basket and he plays for a bit before falling to sleep.
With my toddler he has wind down time, and then upstairs to bed, a story of his choice, kiss... and good night. Routines are brill :)

I got a little excited waiting for the post to bring me my prize. I don't get very much nice post - mostly just bills. The sleeping bag arrived and it looked lovely – it’s just a shame they don’t sell them in adult sizes.

This is what the website says about them :
Give yourself and your baby a good night's sleep with these delightful baby sleeping bags which provide comfort and warmth with no need for additional bedding. Baby sleeps safer and warmer with no sheets or blankets to wriggle under. The sleeping bags also prevent baby's feet being trapped between cot bars.
Each is made with finest quality 100% cotton pique with soft cotton jersey lining. Suitable for babies from 10 -18 lbs up to 68 cm height. Machine washable at 30 degrees C.

* Your baby will wake up warm and therefore be more likely to go back to sleep. * Your baby cannot slip down inside the sleeping bag; sheets, blankets and duvet's can go over baby's head. * Your baby can kick and wriggle contentedly and does not feel constricted. * When travelling or in strange surroundings, your baby will always feel always feel comfortable in it's own sleeping bag. * Easy zip designed to make changing your baby easier.

We have a couple of sleeping bags, I find them much more practical that using blankets. Especially when it’s cold, it means baby can’t kick off the blanket and get cold which he has a habit of doing. 

The sleeping bag comes in three colours, pink, blue and white. The design isn’t anything fancy but it doesn’t need to be. All that matters is that it does what it’s supposed to – keep my baby warm.



I love the ease of use; you can zip it up around baby even if he is already sleeping. Another sleeping bag I have you need to physically put baby’s arms through the arm holes. This one has poppers on the shoulders which you tie up. When I first put R in the sleeping bag, I was slightly concerned at how big the arm holes were, but then I realised he can’t take his arms out anyway and even if he wriggled them inside it’s not going to matter. The neck is the perfect size, not too small that it’s going to annoy R and not to big that there is any risk of baby wriggling down into the sleeping bag. 

The material is lovely and soft, both on the outside and more importantly on the inside – leaving baby both snug and comfortable. The sleeping bag is quite roomy, meaning R still has freedom to kick and wriggle his legs without feeling constricted. We’ll definitely be able to continue using it until the weather warms up.

The only negative I can think of is the price tag, it’s pretty pricey but the quality of the sleeping bag is brilliant and I prefer it to some of the cheaper sleeping bags around there.

They’ve also got some funky dribble bibs on the site, and I just adore them. 

So there we go my first product review, I quite enjoyed it :-) 



1 comment:

  1. Well done winning the prize!!

    Really interesting review, I think sleeping bags are a good idea and its something I'd consider if I have my own children

    ReplyDelete