Thursday 5 May 2011

Review: Organix Mighty Meals

I was sent two toddler meals from @organixbrands last week to test and review for them. I will start of by giving you the information that Sarah send me about them.

About Mighty Meals
New Organix Mighty Meals are a range of delicious and nutritious organic toddler meals perfect for those aged 1-3 years old.

There are five yummy recipes to choose from:
• Hearty Lamb Hotpot
• Creamy Chicken Pasta
• Pork Meatballs
• Spinach Falafels
• Tomatoey Beef Bolognese

More information can be found on our website: www.organix.com/mightymeals
They are due in Boots stores from 6th May, and our online shop will also be stocking them (www.organix-shop.co.uk). Then they will be in other big supermarkets (Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose) from June/July onwards.
RRP is £1.99 – Boots will be running a 20% off special offer from 6th May for 6 weeks



I was sent Pork meatballs and tomatoey beef Bolognese. My initial thought was that the portion size is just right for J, not too much that he’d be overwhelmed by the amount on his plate and enough to fill him up. The food is organic and has a ‘no junk promise,’ it’s the perfect substitute for a home cooked meal. I showed the packets to Joshua and he got very excited by them and chose the Bolognese to try first.


Unfortunately when I placed it in front of him his reply was ‘No,’ nothing could tempt him to have a mouthful. Typical. So I took it away and tried it myself. It was actually very tasty, full of flavours and different textures. Both dishes were; the sweet potato sauce with the meatballs was delicious. I don’t tend to buy many premade baby/toddler foods as I find half of the time they don’t taste or smell anything like what it says on the packaging. These however do which instantly makes them more appealing.

They are definitely meals I would use, and foods that on a different day my toddler would happily eat. I loved the ease and quickness of the preparation, 40 seconds in the microwave and they are ready. They are ideal meals for when you are in a hurry and haven’t had time to prepare something home cooked. Or to pop into your bag for when you are out and about, as they can be eaten heated or at room temperature. The meals are filled with proper healthy ingredients and contain no salt or preservatives, so you can be reassured that your child is getting a healthy, nutritious meal.

All in all I give these meals a big thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment