Sunday 9 October 2011

Being Lucy



Friday night I had a proper girls night out, the first time I’ve been out on the town in years. Somewhere along the lines I got old and stopped enjoying such activities. I’ve spent the last two years being Mummy and even when I’m not being Mummy I’m talking about my children. Friday night I managed to be completely me, very little talk at all of babies.

As well as looking forward to the night I was slightly apprehensive. What do people wear these days? What would it be like? Could I handle my drink? The first dilemma some of you may have followed on twitter, I apologise if I drove me mad – I drove myself slightly mad. Three purchases later I was happy with my outfit. First I bought a black dress; I looked like a beach whale in it. Second outfit I loved, but it wasn’t to be. The third and final outfit I loved and was rushing around the day before buying…even though we had planned the night for about six weeks. It was a top I settled on, and then new trousers, and of course jewellery – thankfully I had the perfect pair of shoes already. My £25 budget some became £40  I absolutely love it though, I felt completely comfortable and I'll wear the clothes again...Wednesday night in fact. 

I bought the top, got home noticed it was snagged and had to return it. I was praying they would have another...as luck would have it they did. So after weeks of stress I was sorted. 

'The Outfit'



I did my makeup at my friend’s house with our first drink, before collecting her friend and hitting Leamington. I’ve never been out there before but have always heard great things about it. There was laughter from the beginning of the night until we stumbled into bed (well my friends sofa...yes all 3 of us slept there.) 

We consumed a lot of vodka and a couple of shots, I'm surprised I was still standing...but I fine, drunk but fine. We drank, we danced, we flirted...there was even chest hair and nipples involved at one point and I have absolutely no idea why. Best I'd all we laughed, we laughed so much. 

'Unable to keep a straight face for a picture'

I pulled too (well I could of but obviously I'm married so I didn't) but it’s a strangely nice feeling to know that I've still got it in me. I stopped feeling attractive a long time ago, maybe since having children I don't really know. Guys always want my friend...who ever she is. So it gave me a real confidence boast in myself to be told 'I really fancy you...I need to go home because I want you and you're married.' He wasn’t beating around the bush about it was he? He left, came back for a kiss on the cheek then really left.
Perhaps it’s because I've not really been out for those kind of nights since being with A, so when your single your trying to impress. I didn't care I was just out to have a good time who cared if a guy found me attractive it really made no different to me. That’s clearly the way to go, because my friend was the same and she got lots of attention to. Or maybe we just got hot!!

I've honestly not had such an awesome night in a long time. Maybe it’s because I don't do it very often or perhaps it was who I was with. Either way I say roll on next time.

1 comment:

  1. Although I have heard your story about your night out already, I still love to read about it. You deserved a night out like that :)
    And go you pulling a guy, I know you would. Cause there is no doubt you are attractive :) a shame you didn't feel like that in the past.
    Let's hope the next time will be as much fun as this time :) Hope Daniel Craig will be back ;)
    I am a tiny bit jealous tho :P I wanna go out too haha

    ReplyDelete