Sunday 25 January 2015

My Makeup Bag

During my packing this morning I emptied the contents of my makeup bag onto the floor. Half of the stuff I never use and I looked at it and thought this needs a serious overhaul. This was the contents.




So I had a little sort out and now I only have stuff in my bag that I use, not all of it I use daily but most of it I do.



Take a look at what is inside.



My favourite item without a doubt is my urban palette. I am not a big spender on makeup, as I was never sure the expense was justified. However in an impulse moment I ordered the Naked palette and I haven't regretted it for one second. At almost £40, I managed to justify it by breaking down what each colour was worth. I have used it almost daily since it arrived, both for daytime wear and evening wear. Since owning the palette I have started blending, I never used to use different colours or shades but I am now a lover of the different effects you can create. It was worth every penny and I will buy it again when mine runs out, which wont be for ages.

I ventured into boots a few months ago and into the No 7 range, I was baffled by the number of foundations. I had already decided to change as I wasn't loving my previous foundation and decided to get the colour match done. It was so easy and took the hassle out of choosing the right shade. They also tested the foundation on my skin to make sure I was happy before I made my purchase. I opted for the stay perfect foundation, as I never touch my makeup up throughout the day. This is the first time I've ever used one of the counters, they are not exactly common place in our small town but I will definably be doing it in the future.

Currently I am using a Barry M mascara, purely because it came free when I purchased some nail varnishes. If I am honest I don't love it, I have tested many different mascaras and haven't found one I completely love yet. Maybe I need to venture into the next price bracket? What are your favourite mascaras?

This year I plan to gradually improve my makeup and skincare, by buying a few decent key pieces. I hear primer is good, I didn't even know what it was until recently. This is something I will be considering as a purchase in the future.


So what are you must have makeup items and why? I would love to hear about them, so I can look into them and see if they may suit me.







2 comments:

  1. I struggle with mascara too. I tend to go for brown rather than black ones as I am so fair and black can be a bit heavy on me, but I've yet to find one i like x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried anything other than black myself. I have dark lashes, so black works. If I come across a good one I will blog it

      Delete