Monday 10 January 2011

Career

I’ve been thinking a little over the past couple of days about what I can see myself doing and part of me would like to work with children. Either a childminder as I get to stay home and look after my own babies at the same time, or an infant school teacher. I can find negatives with both though, so does that mean neither are the career for me? It’s just so difficult and it involves some risk taking and I’m not too good at that. I've too much to risk, I have a job it brings in money - leaving it would be scary.

I decided to take an online career test to find out my ‘ideal’ career and they came up with a list. None of them jumped out at me and said ‘yes I want to do this.’ My dream job would be a novelist, but that would involve an original idea and decent writing skill. Neither which I have.

This is what they came up with:

Artist ( I can’t draw)
Historian (I hate history)
Banker (I’d be bored)
Novelist (dream job)
University Professor (not smart enough)
Photographer (Not got a creative eye)
Vet (Animals scare me a little)
Paralegal (what?)
Graphic Designer (rubbish at design)
Online Content Developer (Sounds a bit boring)
Webmaster (Don’t know anything about it)
Producer (Film producer working with Johnny Depp ... Yes please)
Managing Director (No thanks)
Nutritionist (No thanks)
Advertising (not for me)
Nursing (Hate blood and sick)

So that leaves me back at square one. No life changing ideas have happened upon me yet. Maybe I’ll just stick with being a mummy, it’s easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment