Friday 11 June 2010

Cloth Bums

With baby number two on the way I am having a serious look into converting to cloth nappies – I looked before and bought one cloth nappy, but never managed to completey convince my dear Ant. So this time I am preparing myself, I will be armed with tons of advice and answers to any questions he might have. (anything I don’t know the answer to I will ask google lol)

I actually dug out the cloth nappy I own and Joshua is wearing it right now, looking super cute I might add. I really wanted to get a picture to show you all, but my camera is fooked so no such luck. Another time perhaps.

I’ve look up all the pros and cons and have armed myself with a list to present to Ant when he gets up, although when he first wakes might not be the best time. I’ve been reading reviews on lots of different types of nappies and I have to say I am somewhat confused by how many different types and styles there are. I’m trying not to just decide I want the ‘pretty ones’ and am being good and asking other Mums their favourites and trying to find the most practical and good value for money.

Initially the cost of a stash of cloth will be expensive but in the long run it should work out considerable cheaper – providing I don’t get addicted to buying them and end up with millions. Which is quite possible, although being skint will put a stop to over the top buying.

I have decided (if I can convince my OH of course) that I am going to buy a couple of different makes of nappies and see which we like the best and then slowly build a stash up hopefully before the new baby makes an appearance.

I already own a Flip and I am quite liking the look of the Little Lambs and couple of people have recommended them. They look so soft and comfy and come in a good selection of colours.



How funky are these? Some of the make’s of nappies have such awesome designs!




I’m getting a little bit too excited about the prospect of owning more cloth nappies, is that a little sad? Guess it comes with being a Mum maybe? Or I just a little wierd...although I know I am not alone. There are a lovely bunch of ladies who’ve been helping me out over the on the Baby and Bump forum http://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/

No comments:

Post a Comment