Saturday 19 June 2010

Where does the time go?

I can’t believe it my baby is one tomorrow – this time last year my contractions had started. It doesn’t seem like two minutes ago, never mind 12 months ago. My little bundle of joy, who was so tiny that newborn clothes were huge on him is now a cheeky little monkey, with a personality of his own. From a tiny helpless baby who fit snugly in my arms, to a squirming toddler; who runs around and wreaks havoc everywhere he goes.



In some ways it seems only two minutes ago, I can remember it all so clearly – yet on the other hand it’s impossible to remember what life was like before Joshua was in it. It’s as though he has always been there.




There has been much laughter and almost as many tears, but it’s an incredible year. Watching my baby blossom and growing. Every time he learns something new is as amazing as the first time. From his first smile, to his first step. His first year of life has had more firsts than I can count on my fingers – hopefully there will be many more firsts and many more years of happiness before he grows up and breaks his Mummy’s heart.

Soon I’ll be doing it all again, adding a new little person to our family. I sometimes wonder how you can share your love between more than one child – how can I ever feel so much love for another person as I feel for Joshua. I already know though that the love doesn’t get shared it doubles, I can already feel it. I already love both my babies with every ounce of my heart!

1 comment:

  1. awww cant believe its been a year as well. You know I still have your text from last year telling me it will all start soon.
    hope I will get one like that in November as well ;)
    He looks soo grown up now on the pics and I cant believe he is the little boy I have met last October.

    Fingers cross he will never really break your heart *huggles*

    ReplyDelete