Wednesday 16 June 2010

To be or not to be?

To be Team Yellow or to find out and join team pink or team blue, that is the question I am facing right now. I have less than three weeks to decide.

I had made my mind up, we’d stay team yellow the same as we did with Joshua – the surprise was amazing. However I am so curious right now, and would love to buy squid (baby) a tiny little outfit – but I can’t find anything neutral that I like. The choice is even less than when I was shopping for Joshua, which sucks.

Ant doesn’t want to find out, but I think I can be quite persuasive when I want to be – I just don’t know if I actually want to be! How am I ever going to make my mind up? Everyone else in the entire world (well it feels like it) wants us to find out, and wants baby to be a girl. Make me feel too much pressure, if I have another little boy will people lose interest? All I care about is that I have a baby, hopefully a healthy little baby. If I have a girl fantastic, then I will have one of each and I get to buy tiny little girl outfits – pretty dresses and tights. If I have a boy then it’s also fantastic, Joshua is amazing and so a second boy would be also – would have two cheeky monkeys then :) Plus I would save myself money on clothes (which I can spend on my new addiction)

So to stay team yellow or to not? What would you do if it was you?

9 comments:

  1. whoop I feel like I'm one of these people putting you under pressure for having a girl :p although I won't loose interest if you will have another boy, which will be wonderful as well, cause as you said it only counts if the the baby is healthy.

    I honestly don't know what I would do if I would be in your position. I think I would be torn apart as well.
    But than I remember you told me about this woman who had bought all her stuff for a girl and than it turned out to be a boy, or was it the other way round?
    And I remember my parents thought I would be a boy ;) so perhaps its safer just to wait and who knows in a few weeks you will be able to find lovely neutral stuff.

    Oh and I know you can be quiet persuasive :p *hides*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol guilty :P

    Oh yes so true, told a girl and it was a boy - nightmare! Haha I have no clue how they thought u were a boy ...boys have bits :P

    Not that I need to shop for clothes anyway :P I just want to

    Decisions

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol well 28 years ago the scans weren't that clear ;) or the doctor just needed new glasses rofl

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could easily dress a boy in girls clothes if you feel the need to buy them, it wouldn't know any better if you started it from the day he was born :p :o

    Nah, just kidding... I like the not knowing best, to be surprised when ickle one is born. But then again, easy for me to say, never having been in the situation myself! lol

    Just do what feels right for you and Ant ;) Good luck with deciding! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeling pressure from people over the gender of the baby? It's not like you have control over that particular random act of chance...and i certainly don't think people are going to lose interest, a baby is baby, and is an exciting new bundle of joy regardless of whether its a girl or boy.

    Put me down for a vote for team yellow - the surprise will be lovely, same as with Joshua. (i'm guessing at what team yellow, pink and blue means from your writing...i've never heard of that before...)

    And love the nickname 'squid' btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique: would get some funny looks when people say aww what's her name and I reply with a boys name! Haha

    I know I don't have control and i honestly dont care what I have =) I swap and change my mind all the time about finding out, right this moment I don't want to again ...Team Yellow :) Ask me me tomorrow i might not want to be team yellow anymore! haha

    Thanks :) We like squid to haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay Team Yellow! I think it is a lovely surprise after 9 months of providing a home for him or her

    love squid nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monique: would get some funny looks when people say aww what's her name and I reply with a boys name! Haha

    I know I don't have control and i honestly dont care what I have =) I swap and change my mind all the time about finding out, right this moment I don't want to again ...Team Yellow :) Ask me me tomorrow i might not want to be team yellow anymore! haha

    Thanks :) We like squid to haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol guilty :P

    Oh yes so true, told a girl and it was a boy - nightmare! Haha I have no clue how they thought u were a boy ...boys have bits :P

    Not that I need to shop for clothes anyway :P I just want to

    Decisions

    ReplyDelete