Monday 25 April 2011

Enjoying the Sunshine

Friday was a rare day spent at home and it was one of the nicest days we’ve had in a long time. I blew up the paddling pool for the first time this year – took me ages. I’m rubbish at blowing up anything, balloons included. Then I filled it up by carrying pans of warm water outside – it’s cruel to fill it with cold water and J would hate it.

Finally it was ready and off we went to play. J wasn’t sure at first...


But he soon realised the fun to be had. Splash, splash, splash.


Which resulted in him slipping over. I feared this might upset him, but he loved it and continued to splash and then throw himself on the floor.


While we were having fun in the water, R was chilling in his swing.



We randomly decided we wanted a BBQ and so we invited my parents over and chilled out with yummy food and good company. Even had a sneaky glass of wine, much to my Mum's disgust - I'm breasfeeding it's not allowed apparently.

Was a glorious day and I hope we get many more like it over the summer.

5 comments:

  1. sounds like it was a lovely day for you all. I don't see what harm wine would do??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Riley looks extremly relaxed and cool in the swing :) like he is to cool to play with you and Joshua
    Sounds like you had a brilliant time :p and pfft at your mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah: Shouldn't drink too much when breastfeeding, as small amounts could go into milk. I only have one and time between feeds. Silly Mum.

    Tanja: was fab, R loves hhis swing hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah ok fair enough. no harm with one then. glad you had a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like it was a lovely day for you all. I don't see what harm wine would do??

    ReplyDelete