Tuesday 26 April 2011

Thirty Day Music Challenge – Day Two Your least favourite song.

This is a hard one, there are many songs that when they come on I instantly turn them off. Stupid stuff like Bob the Builder and the Teletubies, Against All Odds (sung by anyone) all need turning off. There is one song though from the first time I ever heard it that made me cringe, back in 1997 during the years when the world was girl power obsessed and the Spice Girls were the biggest thing since sliced bread. They released a seriously awful song – even more awful the rest of their stuff.

‘Spice Up Your Life’ Terrible singing and ridiculous lyrics, a completely awful song. A song that I turned off the second it started everytime, resulting in me making my niece cry because it was here favourite song. Whoops!!

To prove my point... what on earth does this mean?

‘Yellow man in Timbuktu
Colour for both me and you
Kung Fu Fighting, Dancing Queen
Tribal Spaceman and all that's in between’

 



2 comments:

  1. Glad to see we agree on Against all odds :)
    But I don't agree on the Spice Girls song. Yes the lyrics make no sense but its a good song to dance to :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what the lyrics mean, but I used to love the Spice Girls. I was 10 at the time though lol

    ReplyDelete