Wednesday 13 April 2011

Fun Packed Weekend

Real life seems to have got in the way of blogging just lately, I've a couple of half finished posts lying around that I will finish at some point. For now though I thought I'd share my weekend with you as as attempt to get back into this blogging lark.

It was the husband’s birthday yesterday but he was working. So Saturday we went on a family day out, with my friend and her little boy to Twin Lakes. There are farm animals, reptiles, birds and then small pets like rabbits. The lambs were the biggest hit with adults and children alike. We went just the right time of year to see the lambs, some of them were only born at the end of March...they were very cute. J who is sometimes scared of his own shadow stuck his hand through the fence to stroke them without a moment’s hesitation. I loved the rabbits and tried to convince hubby that J would really like one for his birthday. We used to have a rabbit, but he was a house rabbit and had to be re-homed when J came along. I'd love another for my garden...but two kids, a cat, a dog and a rabbit is probably a bit much to ask for.


We wandered around the animals, and then sat down for a picnic and to enjoy the glorious weather for a while before we headed indoors to play in the sofa play area. Of course we got stuck in there with the boys, they needed help to climb some of the bits – was good fun. After the adults got bored we dragged the kids back outside for another wander, there was rides but our boys were both too small for them so we headed for the sandpit. Where they set about the task of passing me all the sand, it was taking a while.


Before we went home we had a ride on the train, but the boys were tired and restless and trying to get them to sit still was a mission. Was a brilliant day out, helped by the beautiful weather. I’d definitely go again – it just turns into an expensive day out once you have to pay for the children. I need to make the most of these places while the children are still small.

Sunday was a blissful, peaceful day – I took the kids to see my sister and we lazed in the garden making the most of the sun. I’m glad we did since it’s disappeared and is freezing again. Duvet on the grass, airer with a sheet on to make some shade and we settled on the floor. Playing with Riley and chatting while Joshua entertained himself with the gravel. It was just the kind of day I needed, fun but relaxing.


Monday I joined my friend and her husband on a trip to West Midlands safari park. I’ve never been to one before as wasn’t entirely sure what to expect but it was brilliant. I love the big cats and they have white tigers and lions – they are gorgeous. It wasn’t really a day out for a toddler though and we had two with us. Sitting in a car seat for hours is a bit much, he was brilliant though and my friend’s oldest son did an amazing job at keeping him entertained. I think I prefer the zoo though – I’m not sure why, perhaps it’s because I’m a huge fan of the monkeys and they don’t have any at the safari park.

So that was my fun packed weekend, it’ll be a while before I have another one like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment