Friday 29 April 2011

Thirty Day Music Challenge – Day Three to Five

A little catch up as I was unable to blog for the last couple of days.

Day Three – A song that makes you happy.

I like to think of them as instant smile songs, songs that the second they start they make you happy. I’ve a couple of these, some that make me happy for no reason other than I love the song. Others that make me happy because they remind me of something or something. I’m going to go with a song that makes me happy for no apparent reason and that song is Dolly Parton ‘Working 9 to 5.’ I don’t work 9 to 5 anymore, I’ve only ever worked 9 to 5 for just under a year in my whole working life but that’s irrelevant. I can’t listen to this song without singing along, and if I’m alone at home chances are I will dancing around like a loon to it.



Day Four – A song that makes you sad

I’m not one for crying at many songs, but there has been a couple that has brought a tear to my eye. For a while I used to cry every time I heard ‘Butterfly kisses’, it’s a truly beautiful song. The song I’ve chosen though doesn’t generally make me cry, it just makes me sad. I was reflecting a lot on my miscarriage at the time I first heard this song, the song actually prompted me to write a short piece about it. (If anyone wants to read let me know) So every time I hear this song it makes me remember.

Westlife – I’ll See You Again



Day Five – A song that reminds you of someone

This one’s easy; the song I’ve chosen is also one of my instant smile songs. It reminds me of one of my best friends – it kind of became our song, along with a little obsession with growing trees. When I hear this song it instantly reminds me of her and all the memories we have that relate to it.

Westlife – The Easy Way 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your songs choice :D esp. Day Five one :p Haha obsession with growing trees?? :p us?? nooooooooo lol
    *huggles* for I'll see you again tho :D
    Haha and the Dolly Parton song reminds me of this tour haha

    ReplyDelete