Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Perfect Jeans

Don’t exist.

At least that is what it feels like, I tried on so many pairs of jeans last week and not one of them was the perfect fit. Straight, skinny, boot cut, skinny flare – you name it, I tried it. Short and petite and nothing was perfect. Being a bit long I can cope with, I’m come to accept over the years that I’m never going to find a pair of trousers the right length. It’s the rest of the fit being rubbish that is starting to bother me.

I went for a pair of skinny flare in the end. However they are designed for someone with hips as wide as a bus... I’ve had children, I have child bearing hips but honestly I don’t know who would be the shape these are made for. It’s all a bit baffling to me. So if anyone can help me, please do.

So please do tell me where I can buy a decent pair of jeans that don’t cost the earth. Maybe I have a new shape... I know I have a new shape. A mummy shape; but so do a million other women so why is it so hard. Or is there a tip to buying jeans that I am missing?

3 comments:

  1. I so hope you will find the perfect jeans. I still can't believe after all the jeans we tried on not one fits.
    Hmh perhaps german jeans would fit you :p a reason to come over to me next year to try some on, although they cost more here booo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edinburgh and germany in one year... you ask a lot of me! But Maybe they do but its a long trip just for jeans :P Would be my most expensive item of clothes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why only for jeans?? You would come to visit me and see erm what do we have here again? Erm churches :p
    but okay than the year after the next one :p with your boys and my mum will look after the boys :p

    ReplyDelete