Monday 21 February 2011

The Perils Of Dress Hunting

It’s wee mans Christening next month and that means new outfits all round. Well apart from the little man himself who gets to wear the family Christening gown – Yes my son will be wearing a dress. Both his god mothers have already got their dresses (I do hate them a teeny tiny bit). So that leaves me.

I HATE dress hunting at the best of times, I struggle to find something that suits my body shape. I’m actually convinced they don’t make dresses for short people. As if shopping for a dress isn’t hard enough, add to it that fact that I have no clue what dress size I am, or what shape my body is. Plus due to the fact that R point blank refuses to take a bottle I also need a dress suitable for breastfeeding.
I’ve been scouring the internet since I don’t fancy dragging two kids around the shops. Everything I love is in some way unsuitable. Either impossible to feed in or too expensive for a dress that I might only wear the once. (I’m not really a dress kinda girl).

Look >>>


Pretty, girlie and I absolutely love it. Yet short of taking the whole dress off – which would definitely provide entertainment, but probably not the kind of entertainment suitable at a christening – there is no way I can feed in it.

I need a dress that:
1) Is Suitable for a five foot nothing midget
2) Reasonably priced
3) Suitable for breastfeeding
4) Flattering

I’m not asking for much am I? So people I need serious HELP... are there any fashion gurus out there who can come to my rescue?

6 comments:

  1. This feeding malarky really does effect ones fashion choices! A wrap dress with a #bfing vest under, or Debenhams have some really pretty button through dresses, again with a feeding vest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) I never thought of a wrap dress - I need to venture to a Debenhams soon I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen any Dote Noir stuff yet? I had exactly the same problem when I went to a wedding a couple of months ago. Found a dress by Dote Noir on milkbug.com - if you google Dote Noir you should be able to find the full range. Not mega cheap but I love the dress so much I've worn it lots and will continue even when I've stopped BF. Also, Asos.com does some good BF friendly dresses in their maternity section. Only problem with online though is that you can't try on!

    (Found you on BMB by the way) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope never heard of it. I'll do some googling of that tomorrow. Thanks so much.

    I'll also head over and have a read of your blog to.(I'm meant to be sleeping)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, found you via BMB.
    very sweet blog. Loved your 'sweet blogger award' and indulgences.
    Have you tried Jo Jo Mamabebe - they have a range of breast feeding wear - but you may be struggling to find a dress (that one is lovely).
    good luck and enjoy the christening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you seen any Dote Noir stuff yet? I had exactly the same problem when I went to a wedding a couple of months ago. Found a dress by Dote Noir on milkbug.com - if you google Dote Noir you should be able to find the full range. Not mega cheap but I love the dress so much I've worn it lots and will continue even when I've stopped BF. Also, Asos.com does some good BF friendly dresses in their maternity section. Only problem with online though is that you can't try on!

    (Found you on BMB by the way) x

    ReplyDelete