Friday 25 February 2011

Babywearing

I never really wore Joshua when he was little, I did a few times but more around the house when I was trying to get things done and he was being demanding. I have a ‘Moby Wrap’ and it’s super comfy, but not an ideal carrier for the summer as you end up baking. Probably part of the reason why I didn’t babywear very often.

We are going on holiday in May and as we won’t be able to take the double buggy with us, we need other options and one of them is to carry Riley. Hubby isn’t keen of the wrapping process involved in the Moby, and to be fair I find it a bit of a faff and after wearing for a while I find it slips a bit. Not the easiest for taking on and off and swapping who carries him. So I did lots of research and fell in love with ‘Connecta’ Baby carriers.
It arrived on Tuesday and not only is it completely gorgeous it’s extremely comfy. I found an excuse to go to Asda so that I could try it out. It did pull a little on my shoulders, but that was more to do with needing more practice than it not being a good carrier. I’ve been to town, the park and a random walk with the children since and it has been extremely comfy. You don’t feel the babies weight at all. R loves it too and every time he’s been in it, he’s snuggled up and gone to sleep.
Here he is.

J wanted to go in it today, and he was loving it. I just had a wander around the lounge with him. Surprisingly it was still comfy carrying him in it. If I ever decide to babywear J I’d carry him on my back, I just haven’t practiced that way yet. 

My poor pretty green buggy is going to be feeling a little neglected I fear.


4 comments:

  1. I keep looking over at my lovely pram and thinking I'm never gonna use you :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor prams. I'll be strung up if I don't use mine after spending so much on it and begging for it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww they look so comfortable tho and kind of makes things a lot easier. My friend has twins and tries to alternate carrying one and putting the other in the pram xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where will you be going in May Lu? I think Riley hears your heart beating and that just lullies him to sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete