Friday 22 July 2011

My Bucket List

'And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.'
                                                                                                                 
I’ve never thought of writing one before but after doing some random googling (google is my friend) I decided it sounded like a good idea. A list of things I’d like to do with my life, some only small things, some much bigger.  If I don’t achieve them all then it’s not the end of the world, I might never have enough money for some of them but I like the idea regardless.

It was actually quite hard to come up with ideas, it’s taken me over a week to write it but finally I’ve finished. As I was writing it I realised how much I have achieved already, if I was writing the list five years ago I would have had a lot of things to add – but I’ve done them now. 

I would have had:
  1.  Get married
  2.  Buy a house
  3.  Start a family
  4. Swim with dolphins
  5.  Visit mexico
  6. Drive a Speed boat
  7. Visit the Cliffs of Moher
  8. Go to Edinburgh

I’ve done all these in the past five years and it puts a little smile on my face.

I’m not going to post my bucket list, because people probably don’t want to read it anyway – there is nothing personal on it. So if people are interested I can show you. I will probably blog when I achieve one of my goals though.

I will review my list every now and again as the things that are important to us change, so there may be things I’ll choose to cross off or others I want to add. It’s not a list of how I have to live my life, or a list to dictate the things I must do. It’s more a reminder that I want to accomplish something from my life, live my life with meaning and not let it pass me by in a daze.

Does anyone else have a bucket list? Did you find it hard to write? Have you ticked many off yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment