Saturday 2 July 2011

Toddler group breakthrough

Some of you may remember my post a while ago about singing time at toddler group. Well we may have made a break through.

I'd not taken J for about 6 weeks, because he was poorly, then we went on holiday and lastly we were potty training. So to say I was dreading toddler group Thursday was an understatement, but off we went anyway. Things actually went pretty smoothly, we had a small meltdown when I stopped him from escaping but that's it. It was the turn of other children to have major meltdowns this week. Is it bad that I was glad these children had tantrums? It was a relief to see that my child isn't a complete horror and it is normal behaviour. Even though I already knew it was, it just seemed like it was always my child.

Singing time arrived and I was ready to grab J and made a bid for freedom. Before I had chance he had plonked himself down on the floor with the other children. Amazed glances were exchanges between me and my friend as I went to join him. I think we managed three songs before he got bored and wandered off. I can't say I blame him five songs at anyone time is enough to bore most people...me included. I hate all the singing, faffing malarky. We do it at home, but in public it really isn't my thing. Perhaps that's where he gets his dislike for it from?

Hopefully this is a small breakthrough and he'll no longer be the screaming child disrupting everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment